Good food and good health meet in The Yogic Kitchen, created and curated by ayurvedic health coach, skilled cook and passionate yoga teacher, Jody Vassallo. Here is a sneak peek at one of the recipes.
Black Sesame Porridge
- 1 cup steel cut oats (160 g), soaked overnight in cold water
- 2 tbsp black tahini
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) unhomogenised organic milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp finely sliced ginger
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Rinse and drain the oats and place in a pan with the black tahini, salt and milk and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the oats are soft.
- Stir in the sugar and ginger to combine.
- Serve bowls of the porridge topped with the goji, seeds and ghee.
The Yogic Kitchen by Jody Vassallo (HQ Non Fiction, $39.99)