Summon springtime flavours to your dinner rotation with these barbecued teriyaki tuna skewers. The sweet and spicy marinated fish will put a seasonal twist on your normal barbecue fare.
Teriyaki Tuna Skewers
- 4 tuna steaks, cut into 3 cm cubes
- Sweet coleslaw, to serve (optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 lime or lemon juice and zest (whichever you prefer)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- To make the marinade, combine all of the ingredients.
- Marinate the tuna in the marinade for 10 minutes.
- Place the tuna on short skewers (soak the skewers for 20 minutes if using bamboo).
- Preheat the barbecue grill to a medium–high heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill and baste with the leftover marinade to keep moist.
- Turn every 3–5 minutes. Cook until done to your liking.
- Serve with sweet coleslaw or red Asian slaw and grilled asparagus