Switch up your avocado game with these barbecued chicken and avocado quesadillas: cheesy, irresistible, and the perfect summertime lunch or dinner. Weather not toasty enough for you? These also pair well with hot sauce.
Chicken and Avocado Quesadilla
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into long, thin slices
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 100 g provolone cheese
- 8 flourtortillas
- 4 tablespoons barbecue rub
- 5 g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rub the chicken with combined spices until coated evenly and leave to stand for 30minutes.
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic on a oiled barbecue flatplate until golden. Remove and set aside until needed.
- Add the lightly oiled chicken fillet and grill for 4–5 minutes per side (depending on thickness of the fillets), or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the barbecue, place on a cutting board and cut into 1 cm slices.
- Place the chicken, avocado, onion, garlic and cheeses onto the flour tortillas. Cover with a tortilla.
- Place on the barbecue flatplate until lightly toasted on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Cut and serve warm.